We are ‘The 48 and beyond’, an ever growing campaign group with the clear objective of keeping the United Kingdom within the European Union. We firmly believe in the fact that membership of the European Union helps safeguard our rights and freedoms, as well as provide social and economic partnerships that otherwise would be difficult, expensive or impossible.
Our primary goal is for the United Kingdom to remain in the European Union under their current membership terms. We will only seek the next “best deal” when remaining is not legally achievable.
We work to facilitate discussion, share ideas, promote and to lead projects that give a voice to those sympathetic to our mission.
We are a party-politically neutral organisation. We do not receive nor supply funding to any political party, nor do we provide a platform for party divisive or promotional activity. We value unity and we recognise that the threat of Brexit is a problem that affects all walks of life, and all political colours.
1. Speak to your friends and family offline and ask if they are now reconsidering their position. Explain the negative case for leaving the EU.
2. Share this group with your facebook friends.
3. Invite your remain Facebook friends to this group.
4. Like our Facebook fan page: The 48 And Beyond
5. Write to all your representatives advising them how you feel: https://www.writetothem.com/ There are several templates in our “files” folder but please make sure you personalise your letter to reflect the position of your MP and local area.
6. Lobby your MP: http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
7. Take part in demonstrations (see our Events tab for details).
8. E-mail Theresa May (firstname.lastname@example.org) advising them you wish the referendum result set aside.
9. Sign this petition calling for a General Election. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/137376
10. Buy one of our official “I am the 48%” T-shirts and wear it with pride: Men’s http://tinyurl.com/z8rt32s Women’s: http://tinyurl.com/hlfr7l7
Before posting in the group, you must agree to the following:
• Please do not share original material outside of this group without the permission of the copyright holder. Even then, the Group Administrators would view it as a matter of courtesy if they were informed of any agreement to publish content externally
• The group is a moderated environment and as such, users agree not to ‘block’ administrators or moderators of the group. Failure to comply with this request may result in removal and/or blocking from the group.
• Whilst we appreciate that many of you are angry and frustrated about this issue, any posts or comments using offensive or vulgar language will be dealt with by moderators and potentially deleted.
• We treat everyone with respect. Anyone who by their words or actions repeatedly breaks this trust will not be welcome. Bullying, sexism, racism and homophobia will not be tolerated, nor will abuse of someone for their age, religion, illness, pregnancy or any physical or mental condition.
• Trolling is not permitted.
• No commercial posts without explicit permission.
• Abuse of the the Group Administrators or Group Moderators will naturally not be tolerated, either. However, if you believe that an administrator or moderator has treated you or someone else unfairly, please contact email@example.com
• Legal threats, either to another Group Member, or to the Group Adminstrators or Group Moderators are not permissible posts, and will be deleted. If you are serious, the writ will arrive whether you announce it in the Group or not.
• This is open to people of all political persuasions, and of none, united in the effort to maintain the UK’s membership of the European Union. Party political sniping or promotion is not welcome, and posts of that nature may be deleted.
• Please alert us to posts you think are offensive or contrary to the rules of the group in any way, by clicking the V at the top of the post and ‘report to admin’. It will be dealt with quickly, and offenders may be permanently removed from the group without further notice.
• We are get a lots of posts to support a multitude of crowdfunding attempts to repeal Brexit. At present we are not supporting this method. We will continue to review this option if it is felt that it becomes a viable option. Please note all posts relating to crowdfunding are being deleted without notification.
If you or anyone you know has been a victim of Hate Crime then report it to the Police here: http://www.report-it.org.uk/your_police_force
Thank you for your support!
You’ll notice that this is a VERY busy group, and you will get a LOT of Facebook notifications.
To manage this for you click the Notifications button at top of Group and this can be set to All, Highlights, Friends Only or Off. Choose what works best for you. Please also note you will automatically get notifications for posts you have contributed to. If you wish to switch this off then click on the link to go to the new comment, then scroll up to the start of the post and choose turn off notifications for this post from the drop down list.
You can help to reduce notifications by checking that what you are about to post has not already been posted. Please note that repeat posts may be linked and/or deleted.
Whilst we have an absolutely fantastic team of moderators and we really appreciate you inviting your friends to this group, please be aware that we vet every person that joins so if you add all of your Facebook friends the moderators have to vet all of them to ensure they are Remain supporters.
May we please ask that rather than adding all your friends and inundating our moderators that you only add the ones that are “Remainers”
If you can help us in any way then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be asking for help shortly once we finalise our plan.